FIRE MAP - CPUC
CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
505 Van Ness Avenue (corner of Van Ness & McAllister)
San Francisco, San Francisco
The CPUC’s Fire Map (or FireMap) is at https://ia.cpuc.ca.gov/firemap/
. Most of Nevada County and Placer County are in Tier 2 or 3.To find your tier, enter your address in search box at top right of map.
The Fire Map has the following sections:
ABOUT THE MAP
- High Fire-Threat District
- Tree Mortality Task Force – High Hazard Zone Map
- CPUC Fire-Threat Map* - click checkbox for Tier/s to show on map. Most of Nevada County and Placer County are in Tier 2 or 3.
- California Fire Perimeters (1878-2015)
- Land Cover
- Boundaries / Masks - click checkbox for California Counties to show county lines
The CPUC High Fire-Threat District Map consists of two map sources and includes three fire-threat areas:Zone 1
consists of Tier 1 High-Hazard Zones (HHZs) from the United States Forest Service (USFS) and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) joint map of Tree Mortality HHZs. Tier 1 HHZs (CAL FIRE) are in direct proximity to communities, roads, and …