• 505 Van Ness Avenue
    San Francisco, San Francisco
  • Toll-Free

Following a wildfire, storm, or other disaster, residents who continue to experience outage issues or other utility concerns after contacting their utility provider should submit a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission's online form here:

Be ready to provide:
  • Name of the Utility Provider
  • Full name of the customer. If you are not the customer of record, you must be authorized to discuss the account with the utility company.
  • Account Number
  • Service Address (the physical location of the service. Is it a residence or business?).
  • Mailing Address (if different from service address).
  • Area code and phone number that pertains to the dispute.
  • A phone number where we can reach you.
  • Details of your complaint. Please be specific and provide as much information as possible such as a chronological order of dispute. For example, the dates that charges were billed, the location of the safety concern, etc.
  • Include the utility provider’s response to your concern, if available.
  • If you have submitted this complaint to the CPUC before, provide your original case number, if possible.
CPUC staff will follow up with customers who file a complaint. If there is no satisfactory resolution from filing an online, informal complaint, residents should file a formal complaint with the CPUC, which will trigger a more intensive process. See details here: Learn more about the CPUC complaint process at

2/4/22 - See specific Nevada County info here:
The recent winter storms caused record damage to local infrastructure, and although power has been restored, many Nevada County residents are still without internet or phone connectivity. Although Nevada County does not have oversight of local telecommunications and utility providers (such as AT&T, Suddenlink, or PG&E), we have been working closely with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to elevate the ongoing connectivity issues Nevada County residents are experiencing. 

Nevada County staff is working directly with CPUC to submit resident concerns and complaints we’ve received to address these issues regionally. If you are unable to file a complaint online, please email