HOMELESS RESOURCE COUNCIL OF THE SIERRAS
The Roseville/Rocklin/Placer-Nevada Counties Continuum of care promotes community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness; provides recommendations for funding to local non-profit providers to quickly re-house homeless individuals and families to minimize trauma and dislocation; promotes access to, and effective utilization of, mainstream resources, and optimizes self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness through coordination and collaboration.
The Continuum is a broad-based coalition of homeless housing and shelter providers, consumers, advocates and government representatives, working together to shape planning and decision-making.
The Roseville/Rocklin/Placer-Nevada Counties Continuum of Care system consists of six core components including:
- Advocacy on behalf of those who are homeless or are at-risk of homelessness
- A system of outreach, assessment and prevention for determining the needs and conditions of an individual or family who is homeless
- Education on issues of homelessness, homeless prevention, low-income and affordable housing programs
- Engagement and interaction with local city/county governments concerning homeless programs, services, gaps in services, housing, and funding
- Identify the gaps and needs of homeless household and participate in community wide planning to prioritize local and state funding to reduce chronic homelessness and address the needs of homeless persons and families
- Track trends and data and adjust priorities to meet the changing needs of homeless persons and families