THE GATHERING INN
Placer County Homeless Resource Helpline
Referral to shelter
The Gathering Inn
To stay at The Gathering Inn, a referral through the Coordinated Entry system is required. To get a referral, call the Placer County Homeless Resource Helpline at 1-833-375-2237 (or 1-833-3PLACER).
The Gathering Inn Mid Placer is a 100 bed emergency housing and services program located at the DeWitt Campus in Auburn, CA.
The Gathering Inn is staffed 24/7 and employs 4 full-time Case Managers who are responsible for coming along side guests to identify, and work through barriers to housing by discussing how to increase income, providing a connection to education, and securing sustainable housing. Case Managers then provide follow-up support for up to 1 year in an effort to reduce homelessness.
Mid Placer provides:
- Safety and security on campus
- 3 meals a day
- Clean clothing
- Shower facilities
- Use of electricity to run CPAP and Oxygen machines
- Life skills courses
- Drug and alcohol recovery meetings
- Additional groups intended to help guests with individual development, and to transition guests from homelessness to housing
- Service animals are allowed. Dogs only.
- Documentation for service animal is required.
- No companions or emotional support animals. People with an emotional support dog can go through the process with another entity to register their animal as a service animal. It may require a fee.
- 7 days a week (based on availability)
For people who were exposed to COVID-19, a negative COVID-19 test is required for entry into the shelter. Otherwise, no vaccine or COVID-19 documentation is required at this time. COVID-19 tests can be provided by the Gathering Inn's trained staff when necessary.TGI COVID-19 LOCKDOWN PROTOCOL:
If someone staying at TGI Auburn chooses to leave (or "self exit") during a two week lockdown, that person cannot receive a referral to TGI Roseville. People are informed of this upon leaving because they are not following the protocol provided by Placer County Public Health Division (PCPHD).
TGI Auburn is NOT currently on lockdown, as of 2/7/2022.